Game Programmer, Physics
If you are a passionate game or game-engine developer and have a weakness for physics or mathematics, we would love to get in touch with you! We are working on cutting-edge game and engine technology with a focus on physics and are collaborating on an exciting AAA game that you will be a part of as a member of our team.
We are looking for a skilled Game Programmer with a focus on Physics to join our team at WastedStudios. As part of our commitment to establish innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions, we are undertaking major work in real-time physics game technology. This includes modernizing, enhancing, and extending its capabilities. If you are looking for a team that values inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism and collaboration, we believe our team could be a perfect match for you. Join us on our mission to push the boundaries of gaming technology!
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with our team to modernize, rework, and extend physics tech in an innovative game and engine environment using C++.
- Ensure to deliver optimized and efficient code to reach a high level of performance across multiple platforms.
- Participate in AAA game development, directly contributing to its success by working on cutting-edge solutions.
- Collaborate with our in-house team to ensure the seamless integration of our solutions into the game development pipeline.
- Continuously stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and advancements in game physics.
What you are good at:
- Strong knowledge of C++ in a game development environment.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse team.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Experience in either computer science, maths or physics in a game development related context.
- Experience working on and applying physics in game projects using C++.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your previous work (and highlight your physics experience).
This will help you stand out, but is not required:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in game development, specifically working with physics engines.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, game development, or a related field.
- A deep understanding of game physics concepts, like collision detection or rigid body dynamics.
- Familiarity with game engine architecture and optimization techniques.
- A passion for game development and a commitment to staying current with industry trends and best practices.
Join our team and become part of our mission to redefine and innovate game development technology. To apply, please submit your resume, your portfolio, and optionally your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application!
WastedStudios is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.